Vision: To create globally competent pharmacist
- To impart outcome based learning to the students of all hues on a common platform by identifying and channelizing their potential for achieving consistent quality education.
- To inculcate and enrich core competencies by combining academics, research, intellectual stimulation which will produce dynamic and proficient pharmacists committed to serve the society and practice pharmacy in an ethical manner.
- To encourage ingenious thinking in individuals for enhancing innovativeness in their actions and ideas.
- The programme is aimed at creating dynamic and proficient pharmacist who will after graduation.
- Demonstrate their technical expertise for successful careers in pharmaceutical industry, academia, government organization, hospitals, other organizations and as an entrepreneur.
- Demonstrate life- long learning by adapting to constantly changing healthcare needs and contributing to development of new products and solutions.
- Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct, commitment, leadership, positive attitude while practicing pharmacy.
- Demonstrate effective communication verbally or non- verbally when interacting with an individual group or an organization.
- Demonstrate social concern by promoting practice of pharmacy for improving and sustaining quality of life.
Pharmacy Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core and basic knowledge associated with the profession of pharmacy, including biomedical sciences; pharmaceutical sciences; behavioral, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences; and manufacturing practices.
Planning Abilities: Demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
Problem analysis: Utilize the principles of scientific enquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
Modern tool usage: Learn, select, and apply appropriate methods and procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
Leadership skills: Understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team-building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. Assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and well- being.
Professional Identity: Understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, promoters of health, educators, managers, employers, employees).
Pharmaceutical Ethics: Honour personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts. Demonstrate behavior that recognizes cultural and personal variability in values, communication and lifestyles. Use ethical frameworks; apply ethical principles while making decisions and take responsibility for the outcomes associated with the decisions.
Communication: Communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
The Pharmacist and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety and legal issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self- assess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis.